This design sketch for a mirror by architect, designer and graphic artist Dagobert Peche (1887–1923), dated 1922, exemplifies the first fixation of an artistic idea. Executed in black chalk, the drawing is divided in halves by a central vertical line along the axis of symmetry, allowing for the representation of two different design variants for the mirror frame. Accordingly, Peche marked the left variant “1” and the one on the right, “2.” Both model designs are characterized by the use of stylized palmettes, laurel leaves, flowers, and a sculpted bow. Such decorative motifs—albeit modified in form— can ultimately be traced back to the classicist art of the late 18th century. Whether the design from the holdings of the Leopold Museum was ever produced is not known. Mirrors to designs by Peche for the Wiener Werkstätte were usually made by the framing shop of Max Welz, Vienna.