This two-seat bench was designed around 1906 by Wilhelm Schmidt (1880–after 1928) in his capacity as head designer of the Prague-Rudnik Wickerwork Manufactory. It is made of white varnished and colorfully painted wood and, in its design language, shows the former Hoffmann pupil’s close stylistic affinity for the Wiener Werkstätte without ever belonging to it in any narrower sense. The unobtrusive painting in the form of squares and simple flowers countervails the formal austerity of the furniture piece and makes it inviting and friendly. It is only the cane seat of the bench that is indicative of the core business of the then important manufacturer of wickerwork furniture. This piece of furniture is evidence, as is a Round Table also in the holdings of the Leopold Museum, that the product range of Prague-Rudnik Wickerwork also included solid woodworking items.